The area of the Cadet School, which was separate from the Russian garrison, formed its own entity. Of the original buildings in the area, the riding hall or Manege (1832), the Laboratory (1850s), the service/hospital building on the east side of the sand field ("Kanakoppi") and the red-brick official residence of the school commandant are still in place. The small hexagonal brick building in the park is a well from 1863. It belongs to the same complex as the official residence of the head of the Cadet School. The two-story Russian barracks converted into accommodation for cadets was located in front of the main building of the current Reserve Officer School. It was demolished right after the new main building was completed.
Education at the Finnish Cadet School began in Hamina two hundred years ago. The foundations of education at the Hamina cadet school were created in the Haapaniemi cadet school that preceded it.
© 2023 haminanmuseokatu.fi. All rights reserved.